Welcome!

I hope this blog will encourage and equip you to be a wise steward of your time and resources. As I hunt for deals, I will be sure to pass on all the great ones I find. Of course you're not obligated, but if anything interests you, I would greatly appreciate your click through my links as this helps to support the work of Joyful Journeys. Happy saving!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Time is Here...

What a wonderfully joyous, but busy season this is!  I haven't had time to post the past week, due to the craziness of our schedule, but I thought I would just put up a few pictures to show you what our family has been up to lately. 

Lost of cooking and baking...

Butter Cookies 
(Made with help from my two year old...)

 White Chicken Chili

 Apple Crisp


My husband is the Minister of Music at Northmont United Presbyterian Church in Pittsburgh, and he just led our choir in three performances of Vivaldi's Gloria this past Sunday.  The choir was accompanied by a small chamber orchestra in the morning worship services, and in the evening, Gloria was accompanied by the Pittsburgh Youth Chamber Orchestra as part of their annual Christmas concert. It was a delightful, albeit busy day!



Armed with a gift card and a coupon, our family went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner last night. Joel enjoyed his pizza...




We tried the blueberry cheesecake and loved it...
 



After dinner we went by the larger-than-life crèche in downtown Pittsburgh.  What an amazing sight!  It was awesome to walk up and hear O Holy Night being sung in the background. If you live near Pittsburgh, you really should go see it.  It is at the USX Tower Plaza on Grant Street in downtown Pittsburgh. 






I may not get another chance to post before Saturday, so I will wish you a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Darla said...

Brian lived in Pittsburgh before we got married, he LOVED it there! Merry Christmas!

Andria said...

We love it here, too! It's a great place to raise a family, I am learning. =)