Welcome!

I hope this blog will encourage and equip you to be a wise steward of your time and resources. As I hunt for deals, I will be sure to pass on all the great ones I find. Of course you're not obligated, but if anything interests you, I would greatly appreciate your click through my links as this helps to support the work of Joyful Journeys. Happy saving!

Friday, March 4, 2011

5 Years of Bliss


As my Facebook profile says..."5 years ago today was the dreamiest day of my life.  Todd Alexander, the man of my dreams, married me!"

I feel like one very blessed gal today.  It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years since that bright, sunny day in Racine, WI when Todd and I married at Holy Cross Lutheran Church. Our reception was a beautiful afternoon tea, and we honeymooned in San Diego, CA.

Our first five years of marriage have been hectic, to say the least. We've lived in three major cities: Chicago, Atlanta, and now Pittsburgh.  Happily, it seems that we are finally settled. During these first five years we've also had two children and my husband started and finished a master's program in sacred music (organ emphasis). He is now the Minister of Music at a Presbyterian church in Pittsburgh, and we are loving our life together. God has been incredibly faithful to us, and we have seen his hand of provision and direction many times.

I am blessed!  And so thankful.  I could not ask for a more loving, supportive husband, and, as our boys can attest, he is one awesome, fun, compassionate daddy!

I love you, my husband!



2 comments:

Rachel said...

I remember your wedding! It was so fun to be a part of by serving at your reception. Congrats on five years and blessings on the many more to come!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, and God bless! It has been a whirlwind--if you guys can weather all the changes you've had in your first 5 years, the rest should be much easier! I miss you guys so very much, every day. Just knowing you were on the other side of my wall made me happy! The new people are nice, and I hear them often--but it isn't the same warm, comforting feeling I had from hearing life of my precious little family going on, and for sharing a cup of tea in the garden with your beautiful smile and spirit! Your "southern mama" misses you more than you will ever know. Take care. I am still praying that God will bring you back here--very selfish, I know, but I just miss your joy! Love to all of you, Grandma Hunny