Welcome!

I hope this blog will encourage and equip you to be a wise steward of your time and resources. As I hunt for deals, I will be sure to pass on all the great ones I find. Of course you're not obligated, but if anything interests you, I would greatly appreciate your click through my links as this helps to support the work of Joyful Journeys. Happy saving!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Catch up time!

Hello dear family and friends!

Well, it's been a long time since I did any blogging, so I thought I would just do some picture highlights of our past two months. Of course we are now back in the thick of work and school, but we did have some really wonderful times with family and friends over the summer. Here are the highlights:

At Fourth of July fireworks...



Amy came down to Atlanta for work in July and was able to spend some time with us. We enjoyed her visit sooo much!




We were able to head north to visit Andria's family and attend the annual family reunion at the beach house in Michigan City, Indiana. Here are some pictures of the week:
















As part of our trip north, we were able to stop in and see some dear friends in Elgin, the Sundermans, Bayers, and Andersons. Wonderful times with precious friends...





At the beginning of August Todd's family made the long drive down to GA to visit! We had a great time with them and did some fun things like visiting the World of Coke in Atlanta.






Over Labor Day weekend, we took a short overnight trip to Savannah, GA as a family, and had a wonderful time touring and seeing the sights of that historic city.




John Wesley and Todd Alexander...


Hymn writer Lowell Mason worked at the historic Independent Pres in Savannah for many years. Unfortunately we didn't get to attend a service there as it was canceled due to the holiday weekend.

Our annual pass to Georgia's amazing Stone Mountain (15 minutes from our house) has proven to come in VERY handy. Here we are on the train that goes around the mountain. We have taken Joel on this train ride many times this summer. It's probably part of the reason he wakes up every morning saying, "Choo choo train!"


Just a fun snapshot of Joel and his daddy. They're buds.
Eating makes Joel VERY happy. =)
One and a half is SUCH a fun age...

We love and miss you all! Write when you can!

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Such a great update! :) I love pictures. Joel just gets cuter all the time. He looks like so much fun!

Lydia Karstin said...

So, I think you should know, I still haven't met a child more adorable then yours. And that grin of his just melts my heart. I miss you all! I hope we can get together soon!! Love you!!

Lydia